paisley

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

"Firsts": Fun, Faith, and Food

Many "firsts" have been accompanied with moving to Ohio. Last Friday we had the opportunity to go to our "first" NFL game. We watched the Cleveland Browns versus the Detroit Lions. Sadly, the Cleveland Browns lost but at least it was only pre-season (hence the reason we were able to go), but we did have a great time dressing up in brown attire to support our team and watching the sunset at the stadium that is set right on the shore of Lake Erie. Beautiful!


Go McCoy!! The first year quarterback did awesome.

Oh the big hair in all its glory! Did I mention we were right next to the lake?

Our next"first" included driving two and a half hours to go to the temple rather than just five minutes, attending a session at the Columbus, Ohio temple, and then eating the most delicious ice cream known to man. This ice cream was featured on Oprah's favorite things, it is called Grader's ice cream. She has it delivered to her house (so you know it has to be mouthwatering good)! Thank you Jeff and Ashley for introducing us to the newest thing that will add to our love handles! If you are in the Columbus area you must stop by and get their special: Black Raspberry with chocolate chips or should I say delicious chunks.

b I loved seeing a temple again! It has been way too long!

The last "first" for this post will shock everyone that knows me well. I baked!! Yes, it is true, I followed a recipe and ended up with a fabulous S'more product. It was delicious (I have witnesses if anyone does not believe me) and I cannot wait to make it during the snowy months so we can have S'mores all year round!!


Marc had to take a picture of the disaster I was making!

That concludes our "firsts" for this post but stay tuned, I am more than positive that there are more to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment